Saturday, December 15, 2012

How did I get here?

I was one of three 6th grade valedictorians when I "graduated" elementary school in Napa Valley. Yes, I know. Stop laughing... Anyways, this means that we each had to get on the stage and give (read) a graduation speech. Now I don't remember much of the heartwarming bits about the future and growing up, but I do recall telling the audience that I wanted to make movies and some joke about showing up Steven Spielberg.

Sure Ben, sure.

Having lowered my soaring sixth grade career expectations, I'm still taking the film route and Delusions of Fresh Meat will serve as the record of my experiences.

Thank you for being here and reading my first post! I'm starting this blog for a number of reasons, but mainly to exercise my writing muscle and to share things that I'm interested in. I'm setting out to improve the way I articulate my thoughts and ideas, and I think getting in the habit of writing regularly will be my best shot at it.
Aside from me just writing for the sake of writing, I'd like for this space to be where I can talk about anything; films especially, but also work I'm doing, college life coming to an end, and eventually my pilgrimage to Los Angeles this upcoming year.

My goal is to get a job, surprise! I want to start off at the bottom as a production assistant, so while researching this I stumbled onto a bunch of blogs written by people who do exactly that. I read all their awesome stories and experiences about working on a production set every day and let's just say I'm anxious to dip my feet in.

I'll be here posting pictures, videos, news... Maybe try my hand at a film review?
Stop by when you want to see what I'm up to. I'll do my best to update regularly, every few days or so.

Here's a short video you should watch that is totally relevant, check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment